Sunday 15 May 2016

Cut out to be a teacher

My favourite game as a child was to play to be a teacher. I would prepare my bag (an old brownish leather bag given to me by my mom) with all the school objects needed: old, blunt pencils, may be a marker, heavy books from the libraby and a notebook. I would set to the "school" (our back garden actually), prepare the desks for all my students and wait anxiously for them. 

Then my two sisters would "enter" the classroom and we would raise the flag. I remember taking attendance from a long list of invented students and my sisters sitting there looking kind of bored waiting for their names to be said outloud. 

I could spend hours writing anecdotes like this because I just SIMPLY LOVE TEACHING. . . I do not even remember a day when I was asked as a child "what would you like to be in the future?" and I answered something else besides " a teacher". 

But years pass by; you grow up; you laugh; you cry; you study hard, really hard to get your degree and then circumstances face you with situations in the classroom you have not been taught at the teaching training college. . . 

If you feel identified with this or you just wish to learn more about what you could do or could have done in those out-of-the-book situations, follow me ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment